Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 30 of 30

Thread: D2 Playoff Picture

  1. #21
    Inactive Member imported_trumpet1988's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12th, 2003
    Posts
    2,533
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: D2 Playoff Picture

    I don't think PV will get 1st seed.

    As of last night, this is what I see.

    1. Haysi (9-1)-just the loss with the upset from Lee.
    2. PV (7-3)-I believe they'll win out but Appy and GC will be very very close.
    3. Honaker (6-4)-They'll lose to Tazewell IMO. But I see PV just barely outpointing them.
    4. Clintwood (6-4)-that win over GC puts fire in Clintwood's bellies. I do think they'll give Burton a game but Burton will wear them down.

    At this point I don't know that GC will get in. But as of last night I see GC with a 5-5 record. I think they'll beat Appalachia.

    The seeds are not locked yet.
    Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.

  2. #22
    Inactive Member imported_red_66's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 11th, 2003
    Posts
    117
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: D2 Playoff Picture

    I know Haysi probably just had an off night last night, but they really did not impress me at all. IMO PV, GC, and Clintwood would beat them fairly easily unless a completely different Haysi team showed up. Other than a few good drives, Haysi did not do anything offensively and they did not really stop Lee except on a few drives all night.

  3. #23
    Inactive Member imported_trumpet1988's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12th, 2003
    Posts
    2,533
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: D2 Playoff Picture

    Wouldn't surprise me if PV and Clintwood met again this year. Wouldn't surprise me if PV and Haysi met in the playoffs this year either. PV and Clintwood could meet in the Region D D2 finals.

    Just have to wait and see or Gate City might finally get their act together.
    Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.

  4. #24
    Inactive Member dirt34's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 8th, 2006
    Posts
    175
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: D2 Playoff Picture

    Hey trumpet how many games have u seen PV play this year?

  5. #25
    Inactive Member imported_trumpet1988's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12th, 2003
    Posts
    2,533
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: D2 Playoff Picture

    One actually. If PV is still playing come Thanksgiving I MIGHT get to see them. I am basing it off what I have been hearing on here.
    Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.

  6. #26
    Inactive Member redrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 17th, 2006
    Posts
    357
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: D2 Playoff Picture

    Unofficial Region D Division 2 power ratings:

    Haysi - 15.33/15.67*
    Honaker - 14.63/14.88*
    Powell Valley - 14.43
    Gate City - 13.43
    Clintwood - 13.15

    To note, on the ratings for Honaker & Haysi, the first number is if Twin Valley loses to St. Paul today while the second number is if Twin Valley defeats St. Paul.

    The VHSL publishes their numbers with one decimal place (tenths) while this one is carried two decimal places (hundredths). It will even out once every team has played 10 games, which it will only be calculated in tenths when that happens to be the case.

    Haysi and Powell Valley have more rider point opportunities at the moment since Haysi has only played 6 games & Powell Valley has two teams (Seymour & Breathitt Co.) who have played more games than their VHSL counterparts. Later in the season the other three teams (Clintwood, Gate City and Honaker) will be able to gain more rider points than Haysi and Powell Valley due to this.

    With Haysi at 5-1, Honaker at 5-3 and Clintwood, Gate City and Powell Valley all at 4-3, it's a proverbial crapshoot from here on out. Haysi is the only team that has a playoff spot more or less wrapped up, as they only have to defeat winless (0-7) Hurley next week to capture the BDD title. Honaker also has Hurley left on the schedule as well as Tazewell. They should defeat Hurley with ease and then move into their regular season finale at 6-3 to face the Bulldogs. Win or lose that game, I think with them finishing at 6-4 will be in the mix. Then you have the LPD Three - Powell Valley, Gate City and Clintwood - all at 4-3. Powell Valley has Gate City, Coeburn & Appalachia left on the schedule. Gate City has Powell Valley, Appalachia and J.I. Burton left while Clintwood has J.J. Kelly, J.I. Burton and Pound left. From looking at the numbers at what can be picked up by each of these three, if all three finish 6-4 one may be left holding the bag and sitting home, or perhaps Honaker could be the odd man out. One thing I noticed though is that with Honaker beefing their schedule up considerably and producing wins over some average to above average opponents (i.e. Abingdon, Virginia High), that might carry them over into the playoffs over a LPD counterpart with a similar 6-4 record.

    The next three games for Clintwood, Gate City and Powell Valley will in my opinion determine which two LPD teams move on to the postseason. Honestly, none of these three have to win out to make the playoffs but it would guarantee them postseason play if that were to be the case. Each of these three would have to win at least 2 out of the 3 remaining games to have a chance at making the playoffs it looks like at this point though.


    Leave the DRAMA to the MAMA'S


  7. #27
    Inactive Member Beavs24's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 16th, 2006
    Posts
    114
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: D2 Playoff Picture

    GC beating Appalachia? I dont know about that. Appalachia has been improving this entire season. So has GC but if Appalachia goes out and hits GC hard and often in the mouth...it could be like the Appy vs. Clintwood game

  8. #28
    Inactive Member imported_Dunduin's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    131
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: D2 Playoff Picture

    [ QUOTE ]
    I know Haysi probably just had an off night last night, but they really did not impress me at all. IMO PV, GC, and Clintwood would beat them fairly easily unless a completely different Haysi team showed up. Other than a few good drives, Haysi did not do anything offensively and they did not really stop Lee except on a few drives all night.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    That is laughable. One bad game and they get dogged that much? If I remember correctly RC took Haysi into OT last year and Honaker beat us in the regular season yet we still won region. If you want to start comparing game scores we beat clintwood pretty handily and PV barely squeaked by them. You can't judge a team by an offgame.

    And according to all haysi fans who watched that wasn't the usual haysi team playing last night. Lee caught us sleeping...that's all there is to it.

  9. #29
    Inactive Member imported_biggamesjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 5th, 2004
    Posts
    1,410
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: D2 Playoff Picture

    no excuses for haysi they took one on the chin. doesn't mean they are all of a sudden off the radar though as far as the region d playoffs are concerned. doesn't look good to me at this point but the way i see it they are capable of beating pv and gc and have already beaten honaker and clintwood...they are capable of losing to all 4 of these teams as well. its gonna be fun, lets see what happens!

  10. #30
    Inactive Member UTVol's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 5th, 2006
    Posts
    98
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: D2 Playoff Picture

    If this is the case, it's not a good year for football in Region D either. Of these four teams, Haysi is the only really good team.

    [ QUOTE ]
    I don't think PV will get 1st seed.

    As of last night, this is what I see.

    1. Haysi (9-1)-just the loss with the upset from Lee.
    2. PV (7-3)-I believe they'll win out but Appy and GC will be very very close.
    3. Honaker (6-4)-They'll lose to Tazewell IMO. But I see PV just barely outpointing them.
    4. Clintwood (6-4)-that win over GC puts fire in Clintwood's bellies. I do think they'll give Burton a game but Burton will wear them down.

    [/ QUOTE ]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •